Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Late at Night

Late at night
In the darkness
I wonder, can you feel me thinking of you? Willing a protective shield around you? Guiding you home...It is in these moments that I feel you. It is as if you are next to me breathing the same air. I never believed a love like this could exist for me. I never thought I could be so close to someone that even when separated by 8 time zones I can still feel you in my mind.

All around me people are experiencing their daily lives unaffected by the headlines. They are blissfully unaware of the significance of the news.  I drive to Preschool each morning unable to turn off NPR. I search for clues of your safety. I know there is nothing there for me to learn. You world is a secret web of intricate details of which only few are privy. Spider spider spinning the web, telling a story, part truth, part imagination designed to keep the masses at bay.

I cannot turn it off, this news. The Tara CDs are quiet for now.
Loving someone you cannot hold more months of a year than you can takes it toll,
when its late at night
and you are alone,
in the darkness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment