Thursday, March 10, 2011

Jonah and the Whale meets Donkey Kong.

As I was cleaning up after  dinner tonight, B starts mumbling something about "wicker people" or so I thought that was what he said. "Hey honey, what are you saying?" 
"Mom, he flushed all the wicked people." the Boy Wonder said.

"Who did?" I asked somewhat confused.

"Jonah. He did. He flushed all the wicked people."

"Um, Jonah did? Or did God?" I probed.

"God did. The guys were rowing in the boat so fast. The one in the front was my favorite. They threw Jonah into the water. He was eaten by a BIG fish. We watched the movie." BW said.

"Oh, Jonah and the Whale." I said, beginning to understand.

"No mom, it was a BIG fish and he ate Jonah because God was very angry."

"So, did Jonah stay in the belly of the whale forever?" I asked, enjoying this tale.

"Mom, I TOLD you. It was a BIG fish. Anyway, no the fish spitted him out onto the land."

"Then what happened B?" I asked anxiously awaiting him to finish.
"um, well there was a white dog and he ran away to the castle. A princess lived in the castle."


"A princess? In the Jonah story? Was she wicked?" I asked perplexed and amused.

"No she was nice and Jonah is a book, Mom, not a story." He corrected me.

"God flushed all the wicked people" he said for the third time, "but not in the toilet, in the water with the fish. Then we read a book about Jonah in class. The Gorilla was very angry."

At this point I cannot contain my grin "A Gorilla? In the book of Jonah? Who was he mad at?" I asked.

"Jesus."

Image courtesy of Google Images

*Disclaimer: B hasn't ever seen the game Donkey Kong.


Image courtesy of Google Images



No comments:

Post a Comment