Friday, March 4, 2011

Just because you can buy in on EBAY doesn't mean you should....

Today I took B and Tiny Tot for some fun time after we picked up B from Preschool. I needed to run out to another baby store to check to see if they had a particular double jogging stroller in stock. We are supposed to walk in a 5k tomorrow but we don't have a double stroller and B would get tired after about 10 minutes. After venturing to the baby store, I took the boys to a restaurant with a playground.   While B snacked on his treat, I fed the baby some yummy fresh fruits.  I put him back in his car seat so he could play with his Bright Starts Toy Bar so I might be able to get 3 bites of salad. 
 Courtesy of Google Images

The frog lights up and plays a few songs. It isn't very loud. If I have the radio on and he plays with it, I cannot hear it.  I am extremely considerate to others in public especially when I have children with me.  No one likes to listen to a crying baby or whining child while they are attempting to enjoy a good meal or get their errands done.  I bring things to entertain both children if we are going out to eat.  I ask B to speak quietly so not to disturb other guests.  I will leave if either child is crying.  This is why what happened next really irked me.

So the alternative couple in the booth next to me had two small children with them.  One was about 18 months and the other 5 or 6.  The guy had tattoos and piercings all over and well so did she.  I am all for self expression and this alone didn't bother me.  The couple wasn't paying any attention to either child as their toddler continued to throw things in our general direction and SCREAM.  B said "Mama, that baby isn't being very nice."  Since we were in a Fast Food place that caters to children, I wasn't too bothered. It wasn't like I was in the middle of enjoying some fancy meal.

The couple became annoyed with their children so they sent them to the play ground, unassisted, to play so they could continue their obnoxious conversation.  At one point, the guy says "That baby's toy is so annoying and loud."  "Really?'  I thought to myself not wanting to set a bad example in front of B and create a scene. "Not nearly as loud and annoying as you dropping the F bomb left and right in front of all of our children while conversing about the lingerie you bought her on EBAY."

Yes, I was delighted to learn that he was so excited for her to put it on and wear it tonight. She was worried it wouldn't fit. She said she would just return it if it didn't.  "No," he reminder her. "I bought it on Ebay but don't worry after all we measured your (insert your own colorful word for "Hoo Ha" aka "Vag") and your 'Up theres' (he actually said a crass word for woman's privates but then was careful to say "Up Theres"-"breasts", heck "boobs" would have been fine). 

So pardon me, while my well behaved children eat their afternoon snack and play QUIETLY at the table. I wouldn't want to ruin your EBAY buying love fest. ...GAG.

Courtesy of Google Images


No comments:

Post a Comment