Saturday, February 26, 2011

Love Thy Neighbor

The book of Matthew urges us to "Love thy Neighbor..." It sure makes it easy when you wake up to this:






Image Courtesy of Google Images
I woke up to the Boy Wonder tapping me on the shoulder. He says "Momma, Sean and Savannah are cleaning our leaves..." I was a bit groggy after a long night of the usual Baby Olympics topped off with some generic Nyquil.  "Sean and Savannah are what?" Wondering what my sweet child had imagined the neighbor kids doing.  "Come on Mama! I have been talking to them. I want to go outside."  Tugging the tie on my robe, I unwillingly stumble into the front room to.  B runs to the front door, his Elmo stool pushed up to the mail slot. He bends over and peers through and turns to me and says "Open the door, take that chain off." At this moment I am so relieved that we do indeed have a chain and my door isn't the type that a Preschooler could easily open when I realize the Boy Wonder is Naked from the waist down.  "BooBeDoo, um where are your pants?" 

After dressing B, I realized that I had slept a healthy 4 hours without being summoned from the Babelet. I went in to find him awake and smiling in his crib. Wow, this is a first! He usually won't sleep in his crib for longer than two hours at night and when he wakes, he isn't happy about it. I scooped him up and opened the front door with a now clothed Boy Wonder by my side.   Much to my surprise, the neighbors and their children were pulling weeds and raking up leaves!  So B hadn't made it up! "Good Morning!"

And what a Good Morning it was!  They know E is gone and that I am singled right now losing my mind :) The offered to watch B while I tended to the disaster that had accumulated the past two days I was attempting to fight a cold/sinus infection/ear infection. It is amazing how out of control the house can get in two days!  I was able to get three loads of laundry done, take out the trash, pick up the living room, unload and reload the dishes!  I offered to pick up lunch for the neighbors in an attempt to thank them for their kindness. They really are amazing people.

So thank you neighbors, you are LOVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment