Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Big Man of the House

I am coming down with something or so I think. I am exhausted and feel run down. Perhaps it is just the accumulation of singledom that is finally catching up with me, or perhaps I am getting a cold. After putting Tiny Tot down for the evening, I decided to lay down for a bit. Boy Wonder earned some television tonight so he was happily watching the Fresh Beat Band do their "Great Day" number or sing about some problem they are having in pretend school land. After the show, BW comes to find me. "Mama, why are you in bed?" he ask.  "I don't feel well. Are you going to take care of me? Are you the man of the house?" I jokingly ask him.  "Yes, first I will rub your back and if it doesn't make you better then I'll rub your tummy."
That is so sweet, I think and help him climb up so he can rub my back.  "Yes, but I got to make it quick, my tv. program is about to start."

Ahh, the priorities of a 3 year old.  In case you are all worried, he did state that I should probably go to the hospital to get well.  At least he realized he might be out of his league in the healing department.

3 comments:

  1. OMB that is HILARIOUS! Hope you are feeling better soon, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am just super super duper tired and the flux in temp hasn't helped the situation. Backyardigans was Samurai Pie. That is his favorite episode so it was crucial that he didn't miss it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! He's SUCH a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete