Tuesday, April 12, 2011

9 months Milestone

Today has been crazy busy so I don't have the time to write a proper post but I promise to remedy that this week. 

9 months ago you came into this world.
Today you are 14 pounds 8 ounces.
You are 26 inches long (this could be off because I didn't officially measure you today). 
You have a good helping of red hair growing on your tiny head.
You are eating solid food that I make you. You love avocados, all variety of squash, applesauce, bananas, and peas.  You constantly reach for any food that I am attempting to eat. 
You roll over back to front and front to back. 
You aren't sitting up yet and that frustrates you.  You are so busy and want to move but haven't figured out how to crawl or scoot. Once you master the tripod and sitting up, I think it will get easier on you. Mama is in no hurry for you to be on the move. You are full of spunk and let us know when you need something. 
You started full on grunting this month. Cousin Megan calls you her Baby Rhino when you make that silly sound.
You started cooing and babbling finally.  You just started mimicking speech sounds. You will say "ah ah" and then if we copy you, you repeat it back to us.  It is the closest thing to verbal communication we have with you. B loves it and tries to get you to "talk" to him all the time. 
You just entered the stage of Stranger Anxiety. This is not easy to deal with now that Daddy is away. You do like to hold other people's hands while I hold you. It truly is endearing. 
You HATE baths.  I have adjusted the temperature and even tried having B hold you in shallow water. You loathe it. This is new. You had no problem with them before. 
You are such an individual. Before you were born, I used to say that I knew all babies were different and what worked with B might not work with you.  Boy, was I right!
You love your swing for naps. B hated the swing.
You love the Exercauser and get more use out of it in the month you have had it than B did his entire babyhood.
You hate baths, B loved them. 
You LOVE green babyfood. B did not.
You get super distracted while nursing.  Nothing could interrupt B's latch once he got going.
You kick harder than any other baby I have ever known. 
You squeal/scream. B was a quiet baby.
You reach for the spoon and sometimes swat its contents all over the place. B hates getting messy while eating and did as a baby. 

I LOVE that you are different. I love both of you so much but I am glad that you are already totally unique individuals. My heart has equal love for both of you. I cannot measure where one love ends and the other begins. 

You have an ENT now and will get tubes the next time you get an ear infection. We see him once a month. We see your Pulmonologist every 3 months now. We still see the NICU doctors and Neurologists every three months in addition to your well baby Ped., visits.You still have a herniated navel and left side. We are still holding out that things will close on their own.  
We have a few more hoops to jump through until we feel like we are completely out of the woods but you have come so far. You may not seem miraculous to those on the outside but to our small family, you are our miracle boy. 

We love you Whimsy Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment